Medical quality skin care
Medical-grade skincare products are those that are typically formulated with higher concentrations of active ingredients and fewer/no preservatives. These products are designed to address specific skin concerns and are considered to be more potent.
Here are some advantages associated with medical-grade skincare:
- Higher Concentrations of Active Ingredients:
- Medical-grade skincare products often contain higher concentrations of active ingredients such as retinoids, antioxidants, peptides, and growth factors. This can lead to more significant and targeted results in addressing specific skin concerns.
- Scientifically Formulated:
- Medical-grade skincare products are usually formulated based on scientific research and clinical studies. The formulations are developed to ensure stability, efficacy, and targeted delivery of active ingredients.
- Professional Guidance:
- Medical-grade skincare products are often recommended and prescribed by licensed skincare professionals, such as dermatologists or aestheticians. These professionals can assess individual skin concerns and provide personalized recommendations.
- Targeted Solutions for Skin Concerns:
- Medical-grade skincare products often target specific skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles. They may offer comprehensive solutions for various skin types and conditions.
- Professional-Grade Peels and Treatments:
- Medical-grade skincare extends beyond daily homecare products to include professional-grade peels, masks, and treatments that are administered by skincare professionals. These treatments can provide more intensive and immediate results.
- Quality Ingredients:
- Medical-grade skincare products typically use high-quality ingredients sourced for their purity and effectiveness. This focus on ingredient quality contributes to the overall performance of the products.
Latisse is a prescription medication designed to enhance the growth of eyelashes. The active ingredient in Latisse is bimatoprost, which was initially developed to treat glaucoma. However, during clinical trials, it was discovered that bimatoprost had the side effect of promoting eyelash growth. This led to the development of Latisse as a cosmetic product specifically designed to lengthen, darken, and thicken eyelashes.
Here are some key points about Latisse:
- How it Works:
- Bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Latisse, extends the growth phase of the eyelash hair cycle. This results in longer, darker, and thicker eyelashes over time.
- Latisse is applied topically along the upper lash line using a small, disposable applicator. It should be used once a day, typically in the evening.
- Users typically start noticing changes in their eyelashes within a few weeks of regular use. However, the full effects may take up to 16 weeks to become apparent.
- To maintain the desired lash length and thickness, continued use of Latisse is necessary. If the application is discontinued, eyelashes will gradually return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
- Safety and Side Effects:
- Latisse is generally considered safe when used as directed under the supervision of a healthcare professional. However, like any medication, it may cause side effects. Common side effects include itching, redness, and darkening of the eyelid skin. In rare cases, it may cause changes in eye color or irritation.
- Prescription Requirement:
- Latisse is a prescription medication, meaning it can only be obtained with a doctor's supervision. Before starting Latisse, individuals should consult with a healthcare provider to ensure it is a suitable and safe option for them.
- Latisse may not be suitable for individuals with certain eye conditions or allergies. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should NOT use Latisse during this time.
- Usage Tips:
- Users should follow the application instructions provided by their healthcare professional. It's important not to apply Latisse to the lower lash line, as excess solution can migrate to other areas of the face.
Latisse has become a popular option for individuals who desire longer and more noticeable eyelashes. However, it's crucial to use it under the guidance of a healthcare professional to ensure safety and optimal results. If considering Latisse, consult with a healthcare provider who can assess your eligibility and provide personalized recommendations. Latisse is available for in office purchase only