Laser Hair Removal
Your safety and comfort are the first concerns in receiving laser treatments. Dr. Amber Bocknek supervises all laser treatments to her patients to ensure a comfortable experience.
In her clinic, Dr. Amber Bocknek has 2 lasers for hair removal. She uses the Soprano Ice Laser and the Harmony XL Pro. The Soprano laser has a 810 nm diode which is highly effective in permanent hair reduction and is very safe. It is also the most comfortable of the diode lasers, creating a feeling similar to a hot stone massage.
Quick Facts about Laser Hair Removal
- On average, 5 to 8 sessions are required to achieve full results on the body and 6-12 treatments on the face.
- Fine and lighter hair is more difficult to treat than coarse hair, and dark skin also poses more risks.
- Laser treats the hair you have today, but cannot prevent new hair growth as a result of some hormonal and other health conditions.
- The most serious risk is a skin burn. They are uncommon, but in the event of a burn, full medical care will be provided.
- Other uncommon risks include pigment distortions and inadvertent hair stimulation.
Dr. Amber Bocknek has been practicing laser medicine since 1999. She is fully regulated by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Her services are recognized by health spending accounts as well as some private health plans.
About difficult laser cases
Frequently asked questions
SOPRANO - LASER HAIR REMOVAL