What is Femilift?
Do you struggle with intimacy issues, dryness, pain, post childbirth laxity, and/or stress urinary incontinence? Are you looking for NON-hormonal treatment options to improve your intimate experience? Femilift might be an option for you!
FemiLift is a non-surgical laser-based procedure designed to address various feminine health concerns by promoting tissue regeneration and improving the overall health of the vaginal and vulvar tissues. The treatment utilizes fractional carbon dioxide (CO2) laser technology to stimulate collagen production and enhance blood flow in the vaginal area. Here’s a general overview of the FemiLift treatment:
- Consultation: Before undergoing FemiLift, individuals typically have a consultation with a qualified healthcare provider. During this consultation, the provider will assess the patient’s medical history, discuss their concerns, and determine if FemiLift is an appropriate solution for their needs.
- Procedure Preparation: On the day of the procedure, patients are usually advised to avoid using any topical creams or lotions in the vaginal area.
- Laser Application: The FemiLift procedure involves the insertion of a specialized laser handpiece into the vaginal canal. The fractional CO2 laser is then applied to the targeted tissues, creating micro-injuries that stimulate the production of collagen and promote tissue rejuvenation. The laser energy is delivered in a controlled and precise manner to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Collagen Stimulation: The controlled thermal energy from the laser induces collagen remodeling and elastin formation in the vaginal tissues. This process is intended to improve the tone, flexibility, and overall health of the vaginal walls.
- Duration and Sessions: A typical FemiLift session may take around 10-15 minutes to complete, and patients often undergo a series of sessions for optimal results. The exact number of sessions recommended may vary based on individual needs and the specific goals of the treatment. Most women require 3 initially, then an individual treatment every 1-2 years.
- Recovery and Downtime: FemiLift is considered a minimally invasive procedure, and many individuals can resume most of their normal activities immediately afterward. However, some patients may experience mild discomfort or a sensation of warmth in the treated area for a short period. It’s advisable to avoid sexual activity, tampon use, and certain activities for 3-4 days after a procedure.
- Results: Patients may start to notice improvements in vaginal tone, lubrication, and overall comfort in the weeks following the completion of the recommended treatment sessions. The full effects of FemiLift may continue to develop over several months as collagen production increases.
FemiLift is often sought after by women seeking non-surgical solutions for conditions such as vaginal laxity, dryness, mild urinary incontinence, and sexual dysfunction. As with any medical procedure, it’s important for individuals considering FemiLift to consult with a qualified healthcare professional to discuss their specific concerns, expectations, and the potential benefits and risks of the treatment.
What is the procedure like?
- Pre-Procedure Preparation: On the day of the procedure, patients are usually advised to arrive with a clean and makeup-free genital area.
- Patient Positioning: The patient is positioned on an examination table, similar to a pelvic exam or Pap smear. The healthcare provider inserts a specialized FemiLift handpiece into the vaginal canal.
- Laser Application: The FemiLift handpiece emits fractional CO2 laser energy, which is delivered in a controlled and precise manner to the targeted tissues of the vaginal walls. The laser creates micro-injuries in the tissue, stimulating the natural healing response and triggering the production of new collagen and elastin.
- Duration of the Procedure: A single FemiLift session typically takes around 10-15 minutes to complete, making it a relatively quick and convenient procedure.
- Post-Procedure Care: After the procedure, patients can usually resume their normal activities. Patients are often advised to avoid sexual activity, tampon use, and certain activities for 3-4 days after each session to allow for proper healing.
- Recommended Session Schedule: For optimal results, individuals may undergo a series of 3 FemiLift sessions. These are done approximately every 4-6 weeks, and then maintenance is approximately every 1-2 years.
- Follow-Up and Results: Patients may start to notice improvements in vaginal tone, lubrication, and comfort over time – usually full results at 3-5 months.
What are the possible complications and side effects?
While FemiLift is generally considered a safe and well-tolerated procedure, as with any medical intervention, there is a potential for complications. It’s essential for individuals considering FemiLift to be aware of possible complications and discuss them thoroughly with their healthcare provider. Some potential complications associated with the FemiLift procedure may include:
- Discomfort and Pain:
- Description: Mild discomfort or pain during or after the procedure is common and usually temporary.
- Management: Over-the-counter pain relievers may be recommended by the healthcare provider to manage any discomfort.
- Swelling and Bruising:
- Description: Some individuals may experience mild swelling or bruising at the treatment site.
- Management: Swelling and bruising typically resolve on their own, but individuals may be advised to use ice packs and avoid activities that could exacerbate these symptoms.
- Description: Although rare, there is a risk of infection, especially if proper hygiene measures are not followed during or after the procedure.
- Management: Antibiotics may be prescribed if an infection occurs, and individuals should follow post-procedure care instructions diligently.
- Description: Minor bleeding at the treatment site may occur, particularly if the patient is taking blood-thinning medications.
- Changes in Sensation:
- Description: Some individuals may experience temporary changes in sensation, including numbness or tingling in the treated area.
- Management: Sensation changes are typically transient and resolve as the tissues heal.
- Scarring or Adhesions:
- Description: Excessive scarring or adhesions may occur in rare cases.
- Management: Further interventions may be necessary to address scarring or adhesions if they impact function or cause discomfort.
- No Improvement in Symptoms:
- Description: While FemiLift is designed to address specific feminine health concerns, individual responses to the treatment can vary, and not everyone may experience the desired outcomes.
- Management: Realistic expectations and thorough communication with the healthcare provider before the procedure can help manage expectations.
It’s crucial for individuals considering FemiLift to choose a qualified and experienced healthcare provider and to thoroughly discuss their medical history, concerns, and expectations during the consultation. This open communication can help mitigate the risk of complications and ensure that the procedure is suitable for the individual’s specific needs. Additionally, adhering to post-procedure care instructions is essential for minimizing the risk of complications and optimizing the healing process.
In our clinic, only our doctor, Dr Amber Bocknek administers these treatments. She is a fully licenced Canadian physician, with her Diploma in Non-Surgical Cosmetic Gynecology from the Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine.
At a glance
Nothing inside the vagina (feminine products or intercourse)
X 3-4 days
3 sessions initially, done monthly
Single session every 12-24 months